Thursday 27 October 2011

Faith Under Fire

Daniel 3:
1
Nebuchadnezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was threescore cubits, and the breadth thereof six cubits: he set it up in the plain of Dura, in the province of Babylon.
5That at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the golden image that Nebuchadnezzar the king hath set up:

6And whoso falleth not down and worshippeth shall the same hour be cast into the midst of a burning fiery furnace.
In this story of the 3 Hebrew boys, where they, being followers of God have been confronted by the pagan king Nebuchadnezzar, who issued a command to bow before and worship the golden image that he had set up.

3Thou shalt have no other gods before me.


4Thou shalt not make unto thee any graven image, or any likeness of any thing that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth: 

5Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them: for I the LORD thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me;
They remember their God. They remember what He has spoken unto them. Holiness is still required!! Therefore, THEY WOULD NOT BOW, not to the Satan, not to the king, not to any statue. Not bow to sin. Regardless of the situation! It doesn't matter, what the circumstance is, keep your integrity! Remember God and HIS WORD!! Here is what Job said:

Job 13:15Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him.
There are times when we are confronted with a trial, or temptation, to commit sin or not follow through with God all the way. But even when we don't see a way out, TRUST GOD. Rely on Him, tell Him, the troubles are great and I can't find a way out, but I am going to trust You Lord because you promised, that you'd never leave me nor forsake me.

Hebrews 13:5Let your conversation be without covetousness; and be content with such things as ye have: for he hath said, I will never leave thee, nor forsake thee.

So I encourage you as my brothers encourage me... And even through God's Word:

Do not sin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers