Monday 10 October 2011

Encouragement

Greetings brethren, I pray you do well in the Lord.
Today, this little patty crumb want to encourage us to live in the right and to overcome.

Revelation 3:12  Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 
One thing I do say that we should take sin lightly, it is a thing that separates mankind from God though He wants us to draw near to Him. Sin is not to be laughed about... it is a detriment and it is death.

Isaiah 59:1-2
Behold, the LORD'S hand is not shortened, that it cannot save; neither his ear heavy, that it cannot hear:  
But your iniquities have separated between you and your God, and your sins have hid his face from you, that he will not hear. 

For those of us who are reading with the hopes of getting closer to God through His Word, I encourage you to continue steadfastly, and even to pray for wisdom where we lack understanding (VERY IMPORTANT).

James 1:5  If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

 Also to note, its great to have a good relationship with the Word, who is Christ, as it has been said, the Bible is the only book that we read, where the author is always present. So be encouraged by that notion.

Trust in God and don't consent to sin regardless of the circumstances. Look at what Job went through.
Job 13:15  Though he slay me, yet will I trust in him: but I will maintain mine own ways before him. 
Proverbs 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  
Don't put your confidence in self nor others, but wholly trust in the Lord Jesus Christ and wait on Him. Got big problems? We have an infinitely bigger God.

"Faith is like a muscle, exercise it!"


_________________
Note: When reading the Bible, it is important to consider the colons (:), which mean continuation or dependency.

The italic in the King James Version were words added to enable us in English to better understand what the original Greek and Hebrew were saying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers