Saturday 3 May 2014

Is What You're Living For Worth Jesus Christ Dying For?



Dear Christians,

I have a thought I'd like to share and I want you to seriously consider it. You may hit the 'Like' button or you may 'Share' it but I really want you to LIVE IT.

I want you to consider the things that you post here on Facebook. I also want you to consider that there are other Christians here on Facebook. Some are stronger in the faith than you and may frown upon your actions for what you chose to 'Like' or 'Share' on Facebook. Some are weaker in the faith and you may be a stumbling-block to them.
In an idiomatic usage in the Hebrew Bible and the New Testament, a stumbling block is a behavior or attitude that leads another to sin. (From: Wikipedia) 


At that present time you share your life with them.

You share what you enjoy, what you dislike, interesting webpages and news reports and all manner of things.

Do you consider that some of the things you share and like are ungodly?
Or do you discern that though they are funny, or an interesting series on TV or a movie or song that you so love, that they are sinful?

Would you invite your Pastor to do these things with you? How much more your Lord and Saviour who died for you so that you can live above sin (who is the source of holiness)?

IS WHAT YOU ARE LIVING FOR WORTH JESUS CHRIST DYING FOR?

I understand that we are flesh and prone to sin, but brethren come on now. We can't let that be our excuse.
-------
Galatians 5:13  For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.
-------
I honestly believe that the devil has made life in such a way that sin seems so regular that it's not seen as sin anymore. 


"It's not like I'm really there, it's only on TV (or movie/music video/ internet)."
"I watch it because of the storyline."
"It's so full of suspense".
These are probably the typical excuses we give ourselves not discerning that we have been bought with a price.
I'm not going to come out and say I'm sinless (far be it from me to make such a claim). But if I love you, I have to tell you the truth. It's discouraging to see:



-------
News Feed:


.
.
.

9:29 pm Christian4EVAR#1: I can't believe it.Why she never kill him, cho #KMT #LameofBones

9:07 pm Christian4EVAR#1: Oh how I love Jesus because he first loved me :) #JesusSaves

9:00 pm Christian4EVAR#1: likes Lame of Bones

.
.
.-------
Can you imaging how that must look. Consider what you're doing. If you are to truly walk in holiness and righteousness then not some, but all of this needs to stop.

I don't want you to go to church and sing "I want that kind of blessing" or "Search me O God" or "If You can use anything Lord, You can use me". 


Feeling blessed at the end of the day saying "Oh, it was good for us to here, I know I will never be the same."...

... and going home to do the same thing again... Is this your victory in Jesus, Your Saviour forever?
1 Thessalonians 5:22  Abstain from all appearance of evil.
I think that's as straightforward as it gets. 

Consider these words. God bless in the name of Jesus Christ.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers